NAMIWalks Georgia 2016!
Although the actual walk took place on October 8, you can still support NAMIWalks Georgia and the NAMI Cobb Stigma Busters team by joining our team and making a donation at the link shown below. We have until December to still meet our fundraising goal. Please help.
NAMIWalks Georgia 2016 – Be a Georgia Mental Health Hero!
Support NAMI Cobb by joining STIGMA BUSTERS!
To register and join NAMI Cobb’s STIGMA BUSTERS, please visit:
For any questions please contact:
Reina Pantaleon, Team Captain
Get a FREE official NAMIWalks Georgia t-shirt when you raise $100.00!
DATE: Saturday, October 8, 2016
LOCATION: Grant Park, Atlanta Boulevard SE Entrance
WALKER CHECK-IN TIME: 9:00am – 10:45am
OFFICIAL WALK START TIME: 11:00am
DISTANCE: 5 Kilometers
- NAMIWalks 2016 is a nationwide fundraising and mental health awareness program that is being held in more than 80 communities around the country. It is expected that our Walks this year will raise approximately $15 million dollars for NAMI and the mental health services it provides to thousands of families across the country.
- NAMIWalks Georgia’s goal is to raise $175,000!
- There is no walker registration fee for the Walk . All participants are encouraged
to collect donations from family members, friends, coworkers and business associates in support of their participation in the Walk.
- All the funds collected by walkers will be used to fund NAMI’s programs right here in
Georgia and directly support our affiliates and chapters. These programs include support, education, research and advocacy involving schizophrenia, bipolar disorder (manic depression), major depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and severe anxiety disorders.
- All walkers raising $100 or more with receive a NAMIWalks Georgia event Tshirt.
- Companies, organizations and families are encouraged to organize teams of walkers made up of employees, organization members, relatives and friends to take part in the Walk.
- NAMIWalks Georgia is a rain or shine event.